Monday, August 16, 2010

Toph's Testimony

PERSONAL INFO:
My name is Kristofer T. Purificacion. I am currently serving with the Youth Mobilization Team (a ministry of International Teams Philippines) as the team’s lay-out artist. I also became the Team Leader in their kid’s ministry called Batang Krayola. 

BACKROUND:
I was born on December 23, 1986 but sad to say, that I came from a broken family . To make it worst when I was just 1 year old. I contracted Bronco Pneumonia, a complication from the German measles I previously had. At that time, the doctor told my mother that I only had a 50/50 chance of survival. It was a miracle that I lived. Indeed it was only because of God's grace that I survived. 

When I was in Elementary and High School, I excelled so much in the Arts. I often represented my School in different art competitions which also gave me the opportunity to go to many places in the Philippines. In return, our school awarded me a Hall of Fame Award in Art during our high school graduation. 

Although I only wanted to have a simple life, I dreamt of changing the kind of life I grew up in. But soon after I started College, many challenges came my way. Working and studying at the same time with a weak body made it so hard for me to achieve my goals. I considered it my lucky day when I was able to be on time for my first subject and yet, I still ended up failing that subject. Then a time came that I could not continue my studies because of financial constraints. To keep myself busy, I joined a musical band. I did this so that I could forget my failures. Later on, I realized that God used those trials to make me strong. 

SALVATION:
In March 2006, I met my Godfather whom I last saw when I was just a child. He was managing a concert equipment business in Laguna. At that time we needed an amplifier and through God's perfect timing we were able to meet after almost twenty years (20). Then the first thing he did is to invite me to attend a church worship service. That was the time when I felt God knocking on the door of my life. May 18, 2006 when I received Jesus as my Lord and my Savior at a Youth Camp held at the Rizal Recreation Center. 

CALLING:
One Sunday, the worship leader offered me a chance to serve God through the worship team. I immediately grabbed that opportunity. In January 05, 2007 my pastor invited me to join the Youth Mobilization team, a ministry under International Teams Philippines. I saw it as an opportunity for me to serve God not only within the church, but through missions, I will also be able to serve other churches and needy people in many areas in the Philippines. During that time, I was given the opportunity to work overseas. It was a big chance for me to earn money I needed to finish my studies. 

It was the hardest decision I had to make in my life. I didn’t know what to do, but God reminded me of this verse, "Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33)." By faith, I left my house in Cavite, to live in the city and serve God. I declined the offer to go overseas, and instead opted to serve God. Because of that God opened my eyes to see many struggling people around me. They are headed for destruction unless someone tells them that God’s salvation is available for all of them. I realized that God placed me in the midst of a hurting world so I can share His love with those who desperately need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment